Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December Playlist: Top 5



Hi there Misfit Booknerds! It's time to share with you some of the songs I've been listening to! And because it's December, it should definitely include some sad or romantic music or just plainly good music. Seriously guys!

But I have noticed I've been listening to a lot of mainstream stuff. I guess I'll put "Look for more indies" on my New Year's Resolution.





1. The Love Club by Lorde

I've listened to this song countless times before, but it's been a while since I've actually listened to it last and when I found out that it was on the Extended version of Pure Heroine, I played it and my days were never the same again. The lyrics are raw and subtle, but packs a real punch. I like how it talks about how frats or sororities could be your second family, no matter how harsh it may be. And that acceptance has its price. And sometimes, endgame will always be home too. That's how I interpret it anyway. 

2. Night Changes by One Direction

I may not seem like a One Direction fan to you for I don't really binge listen to 1D anyway, but their new album, FOUR, I would say, is pretty good. And I especially love this track because it's cute and when I listen to it, I get fuzzy feels. So, NO JUDGING. lol

3. Unkiss Me by Maroon 5

When I heard that Maroon 5 released a new album, I grabbed the opportunity to listen to the whole album and this song really stuck to me. It's like a cry for something that shouldn't have happened. It was cute but sad at the same time. Like having your first love but wishing you never actually loved him/her.

4. NEW DORP. NEW YORK by SBTKRT

I tuned in to my indie self and started to listen to indie music again, even if it was just for a few days. And then I discovered a whole array of musicians I've never heard of before including SBTKRT, whose song, NEW DORP. NEW YORK reminded me of jazz meets hip-hop vibe. It also features vocals that reminds of the Suits opening theme, which is pretty cute. Whenever I hear this, it makes me jump up and down!

5. Lonely One by Dresses

Another indie that I discovered. This song is playful but somehow ironic because it does talk about a person who is alone and in a way lonely. What truly attracted me to this duo is their vocals and how it reminded me of a Japanese vocalist I used to listen to before, and also some psychedelic musicians. But the vocals make me happy and in fact, just makes me extremely glad I discovered Dresses, because I will be listening to them for a long, long time!
So there! Five of my favorite songs to listen to this December. Maybe we share some music we've been listening! Follow me on Spotify to check the playlists I've made including this one! Leave a comment below of what you've been listening to till late and some songs you think I should listen to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...