Sunday, August 24, 2014

August Playlist: TOP 5


It's been forever since I posted a playlist. I was really planning on a July one, but yeah. Anyway, I have been listening to some fantastic tracks by some amazing artists! Here's my Top 5!


1. I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith

It's such a beautiful song with such an jazzy tune that I think I've been missing in my rock and roll life. And the lyrics are just enchanting, mixing the doubt of the foundations of a realtionship and the pain of being not someone's one and only . And it's the type of song you'd just sing along to, no matter how sad it may be. I put it on repeat most of the time. Don't. Judge. Me.


2. Chandelier by Sia

I've always been an avid fan of Sia even with just her collaborations with other artists and also I subscribed to her Vevo channel and listening to her other solo acts but Chandelier must be that most recognizable feat in her arsenal right now with strong lyrics and vocals. Sia's voice is filled with power but also sorrow and pain. And also she has this distinct sound that makes me fall for her everytime. The most eerie part of me loving this song is that it's the only song that I have on my head even if I don't have a music player on me. I have an attachment. But yeah, in my depressed state, it's not the most ideal song to listen to.


3. Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer

These boys were my June Playlist special with all their songs on loop and with their new self-titled album, all their songs are amazing and Amnesia, which they've been playing in many of their concerts and tours, now has its spot on the album and a music video! HOOOORAH! So proud of these boys!  Yeah, again, not the most appropriate song to listen to a time of depression and sadness but the lyrics are just beautiful! Good job Madden Bros! And the mixture of Calum's subtle vocals with Luke's sad, aggressive voice is just perfect! Again, congrats to #WAMWESIA! LOL. They make me happy!



4. I Love You (But I Hate Your Friends) by Neon Trees

NEON TREES!!!! NEON TREES! Goodness! I missed the heck out of you!!! Picture Show is still on my iTunes, never leaving and it saddened me that they took a hiatus but now they are back with their album, Pop Psychology and this is my favorite track on the album so far  with such witty lyrics and the truth that you cannot push your boyfriend or girlfriend to get along with your family or friends. It's a dark truth but also taken into a funny perspective in this song! An entrancing vocal by lead singer,Tyler Glenn, brings me life!


5. I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers

Retribution song! I love listening to this after a time of senseless crying and just to bring me back to life! Well, this song does make me cry, but the crazy of this song is just perfect! And I love the fact that Jack Antonoff decided to form the band Bleachers with fun. going through a hiatus! And I love him coz fun. and Lena Dunham! OH YEAH! Lyrics! LISTEN WELL! UPLIFT YOURSELF!



So yeah, I have a weird August playlist with both sad and happy songs, but it's pretty normal,  I guess. Anyway, share your thoughts on the playlist or listen to any of them or if you want to recommend any songs to me! 

Thanks Misfit Booknerds!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...