Tuesday, June 24, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Ten Book Cover Trends I Like or Dislike


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where, each week, a Top Ten list is posted based on a particular topic.

This week, I'm going to be sharing with you some book cover trends that I have noticed for quite a while now, and either liked or disliked, may it be middle grade, YA or NA books. Opinions will definitely be taken while this happens! Check em out!


1. Blue! Blue is everywhere!
I've noticed that a lot of books have splashes of blue in them! And I really love them! They are just refreshing.



2. Eyes are the windows to the soul... I mean books.
A lot of books have been focusing on the eyes and not just the regular colors of blue and brown but more.


3. Girls' lower bodies are hot?
Noticeable are girls' limbs on book covers. Like, why can't they show their faces? I mean, I'm sure their good looking girls! LOL! I just, it doesn't really add to the mystery of a book when you leave out what they actually look like.


4. Fancy script texts
I really like these covers with cursive texts on books. It just feels clean and normal...


5. Pose for a headshot!
Well, some books have apparent headshots of girls looking all gorgeous. Guys can also be in them as well...


6. WAAAATAAA!
I have noticed that a lot of books have a lot of water references or water in the cover. It's like every one is a mermaid in the making. LOL!


7. Lovers oh Lovers...
There always has to be a couple in a book, well most of the time at least. And they have to be convincing to attract readers. Kissing usually insinuates the attraction. I'm not a huge fan of the kissing, but definitely like couple-y pairs.


8. Flowery Showers!
Oh flowers flowers everywhere! Let us dance under a shower of flowers around books that have them on book covers.


9. Illustrated covers
Though not entirely popular, there are a lot of illustrated covers that are really beautiful and can still be seen in many bookstores.


10. ABS ABS ABS!?
New Adult or Adult fiction can definitely attract readers especially if they have body contours on the cover... Boys with their abs? Hard rock abs? Yeah, it can leave one drooling. For me, I'm not big on it but yeah, it's new adult, so it's quite reasonable...



So that is it for this week! Stay tuned for more next week where blogging confessions are gonna happen... Ooooh! Scary!  Leave comments below of what you think of this list! Thank you Misfit Booknerds!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...