Saturday, April 12, 2014

Stacking The Shelves #1: THE VERY FIRST TIME!




Stacking The Shelves is a feature hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where bloggers share what books (both physical and digital) they received, won, bought, and borrowed.

This is my first, ever Stacking The Shelves episode! I really wanna thank Tynga's Reviews for thinking of this wonderful feature!

To be honest, my shelf is not a pretty sight to see. It's just an old study table used as a mock bookshelf. I ain't rich folks, I wish I was. But I have some wonderful collections of books that I wanna show you!! YAAAAY!




Bought

I recently bought Hollow City since Ransom Riggs is coming to the Philippines along with his wife, Tahereh Mafi. I also got to buy the whole trilogy beforehand on a book hauling quest. Those were the temptation days!


Booyeah!!! 



Ransereh! Awww

I also got to buy John Green's The Fault In Our Stars, which I was sooo pumped up to have had! I've only read the book on an electronic copy, so having a physical feels soooo good!


Also got to buy Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter! It is my first Amy Tan book and I am psyched to read it! I know she's a genius and all, and I'm so excited that she got to be part of my pile! And then there's Cornelia Funke's Inkdeath which I bought at Booksale along with Amy's book! I've read the first two books in high school, and I honestly wanted to buy the 3rd one, but with fail and then opportunity presented itself when Eriele spotted it! Thanks Eriele! You are a booknerd's bestest friend!



Won

Now I'm truly proud of this part of the feature where I get to gloat about the awesome swag I got from people who give away books! They will always be part of my life!

I got these awesome giveaways from Saab Magalona's blog Spell Saab! The First Phone Call from Heaven is a book I'd won back in December, and got Mitch Albom sign it when he came to the Philippines for a signing!



Teehee!


And then back in March, I won this graphic novel called Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples! I just love it when graphic novels have a good plot line!


Read a few pages, damn! I'm inlove with it!


And these babies were books I'd won from Kai's giveaway back in February! I've actually wanted to get a digital copy of The S Word for a review but when I got this from the mail, I flipped! Then there's Never Let You Go which I'm looking forward to read and review about! Thanks again Kai of Amaterasu Reads! ❤️ And thank you for the other swag that was in the parcel!

EEEEP!!! I'm SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!



Am I considered as one now?


Kai, this has been my partner in crime lately! I love it sooo much, it has been my usual bookmark to my physicals!

Borrowed

I'm not big on letting people borrow my books really, but I do have the guts to borrow from others! LOL! I KNOW! I AM EVIL! But I've only borrowed from one person throughout the start of this year! Thank you for lending me your copies Joemar! I promise to keep them safe till June!



For Review

I have a few digital books from NetGalley and Edelweiss that I got from publishers, that I will read through the course of April, and hopefully will post on earliest of May. Special thanks to Cecilia Gray, Hachette, Legend Press, Algonquin Books, Open Road Integrated and HarperCollins for their support and trust! 



Adaptation by Malinda Lo
Riot by Sarah Mussi
Teach Her by Mark Kotting
Drawn by Cecilia Gray
Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey
The Color of Angels Souls by Sophie Adounin-Mamikonian
The Transcriptionist by Amy Rowland
You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane


And for the books that I have on me, I will be reviewing, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, Under The Never Sky Trilogy and a few others, whichever comes first!

Thanks for the loving support Misfits!!! LEAVE A COMMENT ON WHAT I SHOULD READ NEXT, although, go easy on me... I have quite a pile to work on.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...