Friday, October 25, 2013

Macarons? Go To CHEZ KARINE


I've always been the girl who'd clamor over sweets over anything. Usually, it'd be the most tiresome thing in the world, but definitely rewarding. I remember that first chocolate I had. It was a CRUNCH bar, and from then on, I knew my life would never be the same again. Of course, my teeth are giving a jolly "HURRAH" YEY, CAVITIES!


So since coming to Manila, and knowing that there are tons of shops to find, especially dessert shops, I knew I had to be first in line. But with the messy schedules and all the sh*t that's been happening to me lately, I decided that going food hopping would be a bit grueling and tedious. So, I put that on hold for now.

But I'd like to do a food find tour nonetheless. I have discovered this bakery on TV when the lifestyle channel, ETC, featured it on their show EtceteraOnETC. Guys, I introduce you to CHEZ KARINE BAKERY.

Photo Credit to FoodieFromTheMetro


Now I know you'd say, I'm not a relevant source, and blah blah blah. But I did say it was a find, rather than a review of each plate of whatever it is they have at the bakery or restaurant, so I think that my post is legit nonetheless. I will be posting photos of going to CHEZ KARINE for real once my sister and I go food hopping soon. For now, let me savor the fast-approaching reality.

This post will also feature photos from real foodies and their reviews. Photos will be credited to the real owners. So, there. Saved from Copyright!

Sorry for the delay. Why don't I get started.

So, CHEZ KARINE is french for "At Karen's Place" and it's owned by Chef Karen Yang, a pastry chef who studied at Le Corden Bleu in France to pursue a degree in making desserts and all the jazz and has worked with top pastry chefs including those of Pierre Hermé, owner of a dessert boutique at Rue Bonaparte. She settled to come here to Manila to open up CHEZ KARINE.




Photo Credit to FoodieFromTheMetro


CHEZ KARINE (from all photos and videos) seems to hold that elegant yet simple demeanor, catching the attention of a foodie to focus on the food rather than an overly dressed cafe interior.

Photo Credit to FoodieFromTheMetro



CHEZ KARINE is known well enough for their Macarons, which are french macarons. These macarons are different from the coconut macaroons that we Filipinos are commonly used to.

"Macaron' and 'Macaroons' are entirely different. Macaron is a dome-shaped biscuit with a shell often made with egg whites and filled with chewy ganache filling. Whereas a Macaroon is a small meringue cake, typically made of coconut."
Macarons have a variety of flavors from strawberry to the classic chocolate. And CHEZ KARINE does not settle for anything less. They have all sorts of macarons to choose from.

Photo Credit to Wenakins


There's dark chocolate, lemon, pistachio, strawberry, and even Earl Grey, which I'm dying to have a bite on. Each macaron sells for Php 50. WOW! Talk about affordable! You can get a box of seven for Php 350 and you can choose whether it'll be varied or just one flavor. 
For a complete list of flavors and prices, click this link: MunchPunch

They also sell puddings and panna cottas for Php 100 a bottle. Here's a photo of the jars their placed in! Aren't they just the sweetest things? These puddings vary on flavor too. There's muscavado (made from muscavado sugar), chocolate and of course the ever classic vanilla.
Photo Credit to Juxtapost

From left: Chococalte, Muscavado, Vanilla

Their panna cottas are topped with fruity flavors like kiwi, mango and strawberry, that are fresh and made everyday.

Photo Credit to Keechu's Tumblr

From left: Kiwi, Strawberry, Mango


For  complete list of flavors and prices, click this link: MunchPunch

CHEZ KARINE also offers mousses, cakes, coffees and ice cream that would fit your Php 200 budget but it'd be so much better if you have a ton to splurge on.

Photo Credit to Lucky and Jinx Says

Now, I don't want to spoil anymore and also, I don't want to be haggling photos from others, even if they are credited. So, please wait for my update on CHEZ KARINE! 

If you have the time to visit them, then go ahead they are located at:

1/F Serendra
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Business Hours:  SUN - THUR: 11AM to 10PM
FRI - SAT: 11AM to 11PM

If you want a full on review on CHEZ KARINE, then please check out these links:


Also check out the CHEZ KARINE WEBSITE for online orders and more information on their products.

Thank you for being considerate with me. I promise to update on that CHEZ KARINE escapade and all those pastry shops soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...