Sunday, September 1, 2013

Chain Bliss: Fast Food Playgrounds and Their Amazingness!


Earlier today, my friend and I where strolling around the city, buying meds for her grandma. (Don't worry. They're legal, so.) After examining the medicine and rejecting some of them, we decided to leave the pharmacy and head out to 7-11. She needed to load her iPhone, which I wish I actually had. As we crossed the street, I saw McDonald's and all its fast-food glory and atop on the 2nd floor was this playground where children were playing, with their mommies and daddies panicking over them as they fall off the "longest-slide-they-ever-saw" slide and those colorful balls that in reality, has been infected with 99.99% of germs.

But even with me feeling sorry for those kids getting salmonella or some sort of disease, I wish at some point I felt that way or even remember. As far as I am concerned, I have no memory of me playing in any fast food playgrounds, and I feel sad about it because it kinda makes me feel like I did not ever make any effort to have fun as a kid.


It's not that I did not have fun as a kid, what I'm trying to say is that a huge part of childhood-ness is the experience of getting to play on fast food playgrounds and discover a world different from when mud pies were the constant play things in the lonely afternoons. Mom and Dad would take a break from their busy schedules and ask their kids, "WHO WANTS TO GO TO McDONALD'S?" The choir sings along praises and hands shoot up in the air faster than you can finish the question.

I've had those constant instances when we go to fast food restaurants and I want to go on those slides and just say "WEEEEE"! But, I guess these instances came to me when I was already 7 or 8 years old, when I started to think like an adult and going to the slide looked more like a cry for attention than self satisfaction.

I was too conscious with the idea of FUN!  being embarrassed

What I'm trying to say right now at least, is how I wish I remember those moments when I just went crazy and never minded anything from the crowd and only minded the other dimension I entered. But somehow with the feeling of regret, you could always find an excuse to say something in defense: At least I wasn't germinated. Still...


What an amazing excuse my friend! Splendid! Brava!


So to somehow make myself feel better, I am now thinking of going to that adult playground I heard of in New York or was it really there? I'd save up some money and get my kid on! I just hope I have enough bacterial wipes, coz as much as kids have snot, you'll never know with grown ups. It could be worse and we wouldn't want that, would we?

Cheerios, gotta goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...